Flu season is lurking towards us as we head into this colder weather, and though we can certainly take vaccinations we might still catch the virus. I wanted to re-post here for your benefit some practical Flu Tips posted by Mark Stelzner on Twitter – follow him on Twitter @stelzner. We really shouldn’t go to work when we’re sick and spread our germs, but people often do. Perhaps this flu season we can be more mindful of these actions.
- Don’t pretend to be “okay” and participate in public activities. The flu Gods will laugh at your ignorance.
- You’re not that important. Somehow the world will revolve without you, so take a sick day.
- Buy a Tivo (PVR for us Canadians). This is the one time you’re allowed to watch TV in a zombie-like state. Take advantage of it.
- Take a shower. You’re sick and you smell like it. And yes, those sweat pants will be burned.
- Don’t apply your limited energy to work and leave nothing for your family.
- You are not an extra on “Outbreak 2.:” Cover your mouth/nose/face (head if necessary) and have some manners.
- Just when you think you might be better, you’re not, so stop pretending otherwise.